- A non-refundable fee of £400 is paid on registering.
- The registration forms, and deadlines for applying, are set out in our admissions timelines:
Acceptance of conditional offer
- For those pupils joining us in Year 9, a fee of £1,000 is paid when you accept the conditional offer of a place by 1 July of Year 6. This fee will be refunded through the Spring Term invoice in your child’s first year but is non-refundable if you subsequently decline the place.
- A deposit is paid in November of Year 8 on acceptance of your child’s place. For UK citizens, the deposit is £4,000, and for non-UK citizens, the deposit is £12,500. The deposit will be refunded within four months of your child leaving the school, less any outstanding fees or extras if applicable.
For 2023/24, the fees are as follows:
- The fee for Boarding pupils is £49,152 per annum (£16,384 per term).
- The fee for Day pupils (Sixth Form Only) is £36,369 per annum (£12,123 per term).
Fees in advance scheme
- Once an offer letter has been received, confirming your child's place at the school, a lump sum may be paid in advance of your child’s entry, covering up to five years of fees for the school, and providing a discount on the full fees. Contact the bursary team for more information.
Child Student Visa
- A fee of £550 will be payable for each applicant requiring a Child Student Visa in order to come to Winchester College.
- A Microsoft Surface device is required for all pupils. The school will provide the device at point of joining and the cost of the device will spread across your first three bills.
- Winchester offers financial support for any child who would benefit from an education here, but whose family is unable to afford the full fees. We also award Scholarships and Exhibitions for those pupils with exceptional academic, musical or sporting talent. Unlike Bursaries, Scholarships and Exhibitions do not automatically carry a remission on school fees. However free individual tuition is provided for sports scholars and musicians.